Open from 8 AM — 6 PM all three days
1-Day Pass – $10
3-Day Pass – Only $20
12 & Under – Free Admission
The National Trappers Association Convention and Outdoor Show is the largest trapping event in North America.
It is being held at the beautiful and spacious U.P. Fairgrounds, located in a small friendly town. Your chance to meet and chat with some of your trapping heroes; many legendary trappers from around the U.S. will be selling their wares, giving demos, or just enjoying the show! There will be something for everyone in the family to enjoy! Many activities for the kids. We highly encourage you to bring the whole family! Many trappers and outdoor enthusiasts have never seen this much equipment, “must-have” inventions and gear all in one place!
Over the duration of the event, an estimated 8,000 to 10,000 outdoor enthusiasts from all over the US (and beyond) will descend on the small town of Escanaba. If you have never attended a national convention, you will be amazed.
What’s changed from the record-breaking and highly praised national conventions the U.P. Trappers Association hosted in 2014 and 2018?
- IMany of the cast members from the wildly popular show - The Last Alaskans are going to be here this year!
- IHeimo Korth from the The Last Alaskans will be doing two demos for us! (Arctic fox on Friday and Wolves on Saturday).
- IThis year we have three very accomplished female trappers doing demos – Linda White, Sarah Gomez and Megan Lockwood.
- IAnd just like 2014 & 2018 we have locally and nationally known trappers doing demos every hour for the three entire days of the Convention.
- IMarty Meierotto previously on the History Channel’s Reality Show Mountain Men will be back!
- IThere will be an Alaskan Salmon Bake and fundraiser on Tuesday night – two days before the convention begins.
- IThe Kids Cave entertained kids and “wowed” adults in Spencer Iowa, improved and expanded in Lima Ohio and should even be better in Escanaba Michigan.
- IEven more attendees will be planning family vacations around the NTA Convention. Word on the beauty and ruggedness of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula is spreading rapidly.
- IAnd warm, friendly people and businesses that support and welcome trappers and trapping can be found in every part of the great U.P.!
- IAnd a lot of “Yoopers” are working their butts off to make this the best NTA Convention – ever!